Teresa K. Wickstrom
Yucaipa, CA 92399
Head Start Experience:
6/17/91 - 9/13/91: Bilingual Program Administrative Assistant, Head Start, Community Action Commission of Santa Barbara County. Enrolled families in Head Start, prepared reports, responded to client needs, answered telephone, assisted families and children, supported staff, office tasks.
10/1/91 - 4/1/92: Policies and Procedures Consultant, Contra Costa County Head Start. Assisted Lead Consultant in arrangement, compilation, drafting, and approval of policies and procedures to develop Contra Costa County Head Start Policies and Procedures Manual. Included devising Policy Council internal operational procedures. Coordinated with diverse staff, Parent Policy Council, County personnel.
4/1/92 - Current: Senior Associate; Webmaster, Head Start Consultant for Center for Community Futures, Berkeley, CA. Assist Lead Consultant with the development and implementation of project workplans for non-profit organizations. Projects include:
* Head Start Salary and Benefits Survey Reports for 2000 and 2003 and 2006 and 2009 and and 2012 and 2015 and 2018 and 2020. Project Manager, Surveyor, and Report Writer for national surveys of salaries, fringe benefits, and personnel policies, including 134+ Head Start positions and salaries.
* Requirements Review System. Developed cross-referenced listing of all regulations for the Head Start program in one handy check-off workbook. Revised in 1997 as the Reg-Check Workbook for new Performance Standards, with references to the status of former standards.
* Review READY!. Co-developed workbook that relates the Federal regulations with the core questions from the Federal review instrument. Updated as regulations change.
* Co-developed the Policy Manager Software for Head Start programs.
* Head Start Policies On Diskette and Policies On Your Drive. Co-created, designed, and converted draft policies for local programs to track, maintain, and redraft all required policies and procedures. Drafted and edited these policies for inclusion in the Head Start Policies and Procedures Manual. Updated for new rules.
* Head Start Customer Perception Measurement (Parent Survey System). Designed, developed, and implemented parent survey system using the ten determinants of service quality for Head Start programs to use to survey their families. Annual subscribers appreciate the simple and effective system.
* Head Start Quality Improvement Kits. Co-developed nine self-assessment and quality improvement kits for Head Start programs to use to achieve excellence in accordance with the principles of continuous quality improvement. The nine kits developed are: Administration, Social Services, Parent Involvement, Transition, Education, Health, Collaboration & Advocacy, Component Integration, and Multiculturalism.
* Oakland Head Start. Reorganization, redevelopment, compilation, and redrafting of forms and the paperwork process. Helped develop case management principles for use in social services component.
* Citizens Ambassador Program/People to People International/National Head Start Association Delegate to South Africa and Zimbabwe. Participated in the cultural exchange program along with 20 delegates to observe child care conditions in South Africa and to share information about the Head Start program, October 1995.
* Attended National Head Start Association annual conferences, 1994-2005; 2007; Regional and State Association conferences; numerous others. (CHSA, 2001)
Community Action Experience:
* Community Action Disaster Relief Efforts Summary (CADRES) - Interviewed over 100 Community Action Agencies for case studies of experiences with disaster planning and relief efforts. Wrote report of findings, narrative handbook.
* Community Action Agency Salary Survey, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2008, 2011, 2014, 2017, 2019. Solicited and verified hundreds of CAA salary surveys from across the nation. Prepared statistical narrative summary, prepared readable charts and graphs, compiled the data and wrote the 1993 and 1996 and 1999 and 2008 and 2011 CAA Salary Survey Reports.
* Community Action Agency Salary Survey Individualized Comparison Reports. Developed custom reports comparing peer agencies with the national totals, reports sold individually.
Conference Planning Experience:
* Housing California Conference. (1993, 1994) Assisted Lead Consultant in all aspects of planning, management, and coordination of conference with over 1,000 participants. Included planning for over 80 workshops, registration process, working closely with organizing groups, scholarship process, and responding to the needs of a diverse group of people.
* California Community Economic Development Association (CCEDA) Annual Conferences, 1996-2006.
* Co-developed CAPERS software, the complete Conference Planning and Registration System.
Web Site Development:
* Webmaster, www.cencomfut.com (Center for Community Futures; since 1998) now www.centerforcommunityfutures.com
* Webmaster, www.cceda.com (California Community Economic Development Association; 2000-2009)
* Webmaster, www.caasm.org (Community Action Agency of San Mateo; 2006-2010)
* Webmaster, www.eocsf.org (Economic Opportunity Council of San Francisco; since 2007)
* Webmaster, www.rucd.org (Rural Utah Child Development; since 2010-2012)
Bachelor of Arts, Sociology; University of California, Santa Barbara, June 16, 1991.
These are a Few of My Favorite Things:
* Worshipping God
* My husband, Jeff Wickstrom
* Our beautiful boy, Jacob
* Beads (you should see the curtain I made)
* Wilderness camping
* Good books (like the one I wrote).
Teresa K. Wickstrom
Head Start Consultant
Center for Community Futures
12275 13th Street
Yucaipa, CA 92399